piPOIAlert
pipLightControl

Forum
BugTracker / Roadmap

Freeware List

de en

mad_b

(Junior Member)

Hi Philip, I will download the new 1.06 soon, but sorry if I missed the question already here, some of them are in german; when I hit the screen to register the present location, it never shows me correct values, it seems that it always shown -INF or 0 coordinates; It seems odd to me as the software functions correctly, that it can´t present the current coordinates already when I hit the screen to register the current POI. would it be because here in in Brazil all coordinates are negative values? Have you noted this behavior already? Thanks
12.12.11, 20:25:23

pip

(Administrator)

Nokia 5800XM (S60 5th), Sony Xperia arc S, Google Nexus 4
hi mad_b,
thanks for your feedback. that's the first time i'm hearing that! i will test that behaviour the next days. hope to find some time on the weekend...

once you have gps signal and you see the compass the "add poi" dialog should take over the current position.

piPOIAlert changelog / roadmap

wenn dir piPOIAlert gut gefällt, würde ich mich sehr über eine gute bewertung im entsprechenden store freuen
14.12.11, 02:25:28

mad_b

(Junior Member)

Hi Pip. You´re welcome. Today I tried again the add current POI to confirm the behavior for 1.06 and it showed -INF, -INF as always had ...
I mentioned the negatives because all my database coordinates are negative values. Since I am also a programmer I imagined that this could be an issue since maybe in north hemisphere all coords are positive (not sure) then you may have always tested them OK and now appeared the case (I) where negatives could cause a variable overrun/overflow as a printf function would behave freuen
14.12.11, 03:43:45

pip

(Administrator)

possible ... good point. will check on the weekend

wenn dir piPOIAlert gut gefällt, würde ich mich sehr über eine gute bewertung im entsprechenden store freuen
14.12.11, 03:50:56

pip

(Administrator)

changed of: pip - 21.12.11, 23:34:58

hmm, can't find any bug regarding the minus sign (see attached screenshot)...

it seems that it's sth else ... will do further testing. the INF definitely stands for infinity and occur when the value runs out of the allowed area.
Attachment:

piPOIAlert_screenshot.png (152.16 KByte | 5 times downloaded | 760.8 KByte Traffic)

21.12.11, 21:33:56

mad_b

(Junior Member)

Can´t see the img, something to do with my logon maybe. Anyway, my phone is a nokia X6, if this can help in any way.

Just checking, when GPS is not (yet) available, tapping screen gives me 0,0. When it is available, tapping gives
-Inf, -Inf.

Tricky one this bug hehe.
21.12.11, 22:13:04

pip

(Administrator)

hey mad_b:
i finally found the bug. i format the longitude and latitude value before they get printed to the input field and reserved to less space for the digits before the dot. the minus increased the amount and caused the infinity value...

the bug is fixed now. thanks a lot for your help! i'd be happy to email you the bug fix. just email me your imei nr and i'll send you a signed version 1.06 including the bug fix.

21.12.11, 23:59:44

mad_b

(Junior Member)

That´s good news! freuen

I would like to, but I seem to have too little permissions in my user to do things on this forum. If I access your user and try to send a private message or e-mail, or click "email" below, it appears a page telling me that I can´t do it and lists possible privileges/causes issues... Have I made something wrong when at forum registration or what? If this can´t be solved, as a workaround I could create a discardable e-mail and post it here, so we can get in touch and after that I can erase the mail. What do you think.

Thanks!
22.12.11, 00:53:37

pip

(Administrator)

it seems like you didn't activate your account after registration. you should have gotten an email with an activation link right after you regsitered. anyway, i activated your accout manually...

either use the forum email form or just get my email from here: http://pipoialert.pipip.de/about.php

22.12.11, 10:35:02

sptw

(Newbie)

Hi Pip,

I am from Brazil too. I did not test the version 1.06 that i got a few days ago from Nokia OVI store.Probably it has the same bug mentioned by Mr mad_b.As for as i know, you released a new version to correct this bug, 1.07.So, OVI store still are on the 1.06 version.How could i get this new version free of this bug? Strange enough i am on the same problem as Mr. mad_b.There is something wrong on the link that i received on may email to activate my account here.It goes to a empty page, and nothing happens.It seems that my account is not activeted yet too.
02.03.12, 09:37:58
Go to:
User in this topic
Following 0 guests and the following users read this topic: