Forum
BugTracker / Roadmap

Freeware List

de en

(Guest)

changed of: pip - 04.09.10, 14:02:37

Hi freuen
Maybe you've already thought about these features. These are really handy:

1) adding POIs "on the fly" - if I'm standing near some POI, that I want to save, it would be nice to have some button/menu that adds my current position (from GPS) to the file, with a caption.

2) exporting/sending the POIs' file with Bluetooth/Email/MMS.
Thanks freuen
19.08.10, 13:20:00

pip

(Administrator)

Nokia 5800XM (S60 5th), Sony Xperia arc S, Google Nexus 4
hi vm80,
thanks for your feedback.

1) that's a good idea. i've thought about it but haven't realized it yet because i don't really need it (the navifriends poi database is really good) lachen

anyway, i probably add this feature in the next version...
2) you can do this with any file manager (even the build-in one)

piPOIAlert changelog / roadmap

wenn dir piPOIAlert gut gefällt, würde ich mich sehr über eine gute bewertung im entsprechenden store freuen
19.08.10, 13:39:00

(Guest)

you're right (regarding no.2).
but it would be much easier doing this from the app.
also, there are many users that are not familiar with Symbian, and will be confused otherwise. and of course, there are also the lazy ones.... zwinkern
19.08.10, 13:45:00

(Guest)

Hi freuen
I'm back from my first "test run". well, it does work freuen
one thing though regarding alerts (maybe as alternate setup, that can be changed in Settings):

it would be nice to have (at least) 2 alerts on approaching a POI. the difference between them is the distance.
for example: the first alert is 300m from the POI, the second - 100m. custom numbers could be changed in Settings.
maybe there should be different WAV sounds on each alert/distance, in order to distinguish between them, if you can't see the display (while riding a motorcycle, for example).
another option: first alert X meters from POI, and then every 50 meters (for example) on approaching. the numbers could be also changed in Settings. of course, you could enable all these types of options, and the user will select which one is best for him.

Thanks again freuen
19.08.10, 16:01:00

pip

(Administrator)

hi vm80,
thanks again for your feedback, i really appreciate it.

i also thought about that problem while planning the app. sometimes a fix distance is not the perfect solution for an alert. that's why i decided to change the fix distance to a time till you reach the poi. basically you define a time in seconds in the settings and the alert area (distance) is calculated based on the current speed. that should make the alert more accurate...

anyway the second alert is also a good idea. i'll add that in the next release...

wenn dir piPOIAlert gut gefällt, würde ich mich sehr über eine gute bewertung im entsprechenden store freuen
19.08.10, 23:48:00

(Guest)

piPOIAlert is the best, simple and efficent. Congratulations for the iniciative. Here are my comments;
1. Time to POI alert is a problem when one stops, and the gps reads a small speed. The app has to ignore this little displacement to avoid false alert. Others apps only have distance alert, and seems reasonable.
2. The app shows a "POI Alert" popup window, so one can't see the app main screen information behind, specially speed. I think "POI Alert" is unnecessary.
Two more improvements would make this app perfect;
A. Two diferrent sound alerts; normal and overspeed, when speed limit is available.
B. An optional link between POI name and user created image file to be displayed on screen during alert. Sound file link is also welcome.
Please, let me test beta.
10.09.10, 18:33:16

navimaster

(Beta-Tester)

Nokia 5230 (S60 5th)
changed of: navimaster - 11.09.10, 11:37:56

Hallo pip,

Beim Wechsel zwischen den Programmen, stört mich persönlich die "Schließen" Schaltfläche. Eine "Hide/Zurück" Schaltfläche fände ich an dieser Stelle günstiger. Dies würde auch das umständliche Wechseln über den Taskmanager vermeiden. Die Schaltfläche für das Beenden von piPOIAlert, könnte man auch im Optionsmenü unterbringen.

Just my two cents ...

cu

navimaster
11.09.10, 11:29:36

pip

(Administrator)

changed of: pip - 11.09.10, 12:00:16

Zitat:
Time to POI alert is a problem when one stops, and the gps reads a small speed. The app has to ignore this little displacement to avoid false alert. Others apps only have distance alert, and seems reasonable.

there wouldn't be any false alarm because the notification area would get really small if the speed was small. on the other hand (extreme high speed detected) the notification area would get very big but it's limited to the view area. i haven't had any false alarm during tests...

Zitat:
2. The app shows a "POI Alert" popup window, so one can't see the app main screen information behind, specially speed. I think "POI Alert" is unnecessary.

yeah, that was annoying myself as well and i already fixed that. v1.02 has a new popup alert which doesn't hide any important information, it also can be deactivated in the settings

Zitat:
A. Two diferrent sound alerts; normal and overspeed

good idea, i'll write that on my todo list

Zitat:
B. An optional link between POI name and user created image file to be displayed on screen during alert. Sound file link is also welcome.

you can replace the sound alert file with your own (see help).
the user images are a good idea, i'll think about it

Zitat:
Please, let me test beta.

sure, please create your own account in this forum and i'll put you in the tester group

---------

Zitat:
Beim Wechsel zwischen den Programmen, stört mich persönlich die "Schließen" Schaltfläche. Eine "Hide/Zurück" Schaltfläche fände ich an dieser Stelle günstiger.

wirds in der v1.02 geben

11.09.10, 11:42:15

navimaster

(Beta-Tester)

Nokia 5230 (S60 5th)
changed of: navimaster - 11.09.10, 12:02:40

Hallo pip,

Zitat von pip:

---------

Zitat:
Beim Wechsel zwischen den Programmen, stört mich persönlich die "Schließen" Schaltfläche. Eine "Hide/Zurück" Schaltfläche fände ich an dieser Stelle günstiger.

wirds in der v1.02 geben

changelog / roadmap

Wunderbar, klasse Neuigkeiten. Hatte ich noch gar nicht gesehen. Danke!

Great news, thank you!

cu

navimaster
11.09.10, 12:00:58

navimaster

(Beta-Tester)

Nokia 5230 (S60 5th)
changed of: navimaster - 12.09.10, 10:51:38

Hallo pip,

habe gerade deine ToDo Liste entdeckt und wo wir gerade dabei sind:

- was mir beim Lesen der Nutzer Fragen zu deinem Programm aufgefallen ist, dass viele ein Auto-Start Feature von piPOIAlert in Verbindung mit OVI Maps vermissen oder daran gescheitern sind.

Vielleicht wäre es möglich, so etwas als auswählbare OPTION in zukünftige Releases einzubauen.
Für mich jetzt nicht soooo wichtig, aber eine hübsche Komfortspielerei wäre das schon.
Nur falls die einmal die Ideen ausgehen sollten ... lachen

cu

navimaster
11.09.10, 18:55:24
Go to:
User in this topic
Following 0 guests and the following users read this topic: