pipLightControl

Forum
BugTracker / Roadmap

Freeware List

de en

janusro

(Junior Member)

Well,

As for no.2 suggestion you might check Efficasoft's GPS Utilities. They have this feature implemented

It's true that speed limits can change often that's why some shortcuts for the 3/4 levels on the main screen can be useful to change quickly the new speed limit for that sector of road... with just a touch of the screen lachen
02.10.10, 19:57:23

NoPlayBack

(Beta-Tester)

HTC Desire HD mit v2.3.5
Any chance to push the feature-request named

"user specified image and alert files (eg: 80, 80.bmp, 80.wav"

to a higher prio than low?

I assume the proposal means to take the description field (not the speed limit field) from the database and with that select a specific sound & image.
I have seen a second proposal asking for a sound different then policesound, if POIs are showing gas stations ;-)
A third one asking for link between name and image.

And i would completely agree to that and be number 4 to vote for that.

The logic would be that there is a enable-disable setting in menu, if enabled and if alarm is requested, the sw checks for a wav file with same name as POI. If not available, play standard-sound.
06.10.10, 16:09:28

pip

(Administrator)

Nokia 5800XM (S60 5th), Sony Xperia arc S, Google Nexus 4
changed of: pip - 06.10.10, 16:36:41

Zitat von NoPlayBack:
"user specified image and alert files (eg: 80, 80.bmp, 80.wav"
to a higher prio than low?
all right, i raised it to normal. it won't be in the next version (v1.03), in fact i won't add any new features to v1.03 since this version also fixes one bug beside several new features and i want to release it as fast as possible. so we're working on bug fixing in the beta section at the moment lachen but i'll realize it in v1.04...

Zitat von NoPlayBack:
I have seen a second proposal asking for a sound different then policesound, if POIs are showing gas stations ;-)
just replace the existing sound file with a one you like... i don't really see a different way than that, how should the software detect what the shown poi describe? eg. i don't want to rely on gas stations pois are always called gas station...

Zitat von NoPlayBack:
A third one asking for link between name and image. And i would completely agree to that and be number 4 to vote for that.
hehe, ok. convinced cool
just to make sure, where should the image be shown (popup alert, main window, instead of sth else)? on which information should it be based on (description, speed limit)? is there a difference to the first point (sound + image)?

piPOIAlert changelog / roadmap

wenn dir piPOIAlert gut gefällt, würde ich mich sehr über eine gute bewertung im entsprechenden store freuen
06.10.10, 16:33:34

gil

(Beta-Tester)

nokia 5230
speed limit is better because it's simple, while poi names could be anything. maybe no limit could mean standart alert.
07.10.10, 02:47:48

NoPlayBack

(Beta-Tester)

HTC Desire HD mit v2.3.5
Where should the image be? I have no idea !
I am voting for the sound-file depending on POI, i am personally not interested in the image.
But since the requests are very similar, it may make sense to implement that in one go, sound and image. That is the only reason why i mentioned that.
So... maybe the original author of that request, gil, could shed some light on that feature. I do not want to add requirements, if i do not need that function... that should come from those who are interested in that.

Based on descritpion. Definitely not the speed limit. Speed limit can only be used for speed limit. Description can be used for everything. If somebody wants to create sound or image files like 80, 100, 120.... then he could copy the speed-information to the description.
Everybody who is able to dig that deep into your app to create own images and sounds and copy them to the correct place on the mobile should be able to easily handle that, right?
I have seen request for using that as special sound for gas stations. I would use that for selecting different sounds for fixed, non-fixed. Others want to select different sounds depending on speed..... so if you take description, you satisfy all these request....

And no... there is no difference to the first point..... in my eyes it is the same request.
07.10.10, 09:31:39

gil

(Beta-Tester)

nokia 5230
changed of: gil - 07.10.10, 17:15:38

tks NoPlayBack and pip

sounds solve the problem - sometimes i cant read the text.
images also help - no one will miss a big sign in the circle.

these are only suggestions, pip can do anything he wants, the best way
07.10.10, 17:09:06

conradorp

(Newbie)

Hello,

I'm new here. I've just tried v1.03. I thought it's very good, since I use OVI Maps.

Just one suggestion (I didn't read all the posts, so sorry if this suggestion was already been proposed by someone else):
- In the POI Alert pop-up, it would be nice to have the speed limit information (in case I use it minimized). Just an idea for a next version of this great app.

Thank you from Brazil,

Conrado
28.10.10, 22:35:58

pip

(Administrator)

Nokia 5800XM (S60 5th), Sony Xperia arc S, Google Nexus 4
conradorp:
welcome to the forum and thanks for your feedback!

i will implement that in the next version.

if you're unsure whether your ideas were already posted, just have a quick look at my todo...

piPOIAlert changelog / roadmap

wenn dir piPOIAlert gut gefällt, würde ich mich sehr über eine gute bewertung im entsprechenden store freuen
29.10.10, 03:06:29

Hogga

(Beta-Tester)

Nokia 5800
Hallo Pip,

ich habe Deine Wunschecke gefunden.

Was mir aufgefallen ist, ist, dass wenn das Programm im Vollbildmodus läuft, dann wird im oberen Bereich der große schwarze Balken mit dem "Pipoialert" eingeblendet.

Kannst Du das irgendwie auch dezenter (evtl. kleiner) gestalten? Hatte neulich die Gesetzeshüter neben mir an der Ampel und die konnten voll auf mein Telefon gucken freuen

Weiterhin wird dadurch das Betreiberlogo verdeckt. Nicht schlimm, aber hier ist ja die Wunschecke freuen

Ööööööhm freuen

LG

Hogga
06.11.10, 22:09:26

(Guest)

So... lachen
Zuerstmal mein allergrößtes Lob für deine Arbeit... Respekt.

Als ich mein Nokia X6 gekauft hatte, war ich begeistert von dem tollen kostenlosen Navi.
Durch Zufall dein Programm gefunden. Dieses ist sozusagen das Sahnehäubchen oben drauf lachen
Navifriends kannte ich noch aus meinen Medion-Navi-Zeiten.

Nun aber zu meinem "Wunsch"...
Für mich fast unverzichtbar bei einem "PoiAlert-Programm" ist die Berücksichtigung der Fahrtrichtung. Habe versch. Einstellungen durchprobiert. So gut wie immer werden mir auch Blitzer der entgegengesetzten Fahrtrichtung gemeldet.
Dies kann manchmal echt zu einem zig-fachen "Panikalarm" werden lachen
Oder führt u.U. dazu, das man auf kurzer Strecke 5 - 10 mal gewarnt wird, aber auf seiner Tour eigentlich garkeinen Blitzer wirklich hatte.
Lange Rede kurzer Sinn: mein Wunsch... Fahrtrichtungs-Berücksichtigung.

PS: ich weiß wurde schon einmal angesprochen hier. Aber keine genaue Stellungnahme seitens von dir, ob du dies weiterverfolgst. Zwei drei Worte dazu wären nett lachen

Ansonsten... weiter so. freuen
05.12.10, 03:45:29
Go to:
User in this topic
Following 6 guests and the following users read this topic: